Chlamydia & Gonorrhea Test
Chlamydia & Gonorrhea Test
This test is recommended for anyone who is sexually active, especially for those with multiple sexual partners. While it is common for both gonorrhea and chlamydia to not cause symptoms, symptoms can involve pain or burning during urination, increased or abnormal vaginal discharge in women, pain or swelling in the testicles and discharge from the penis in men.
The test detects the presence of bacterium Neisseria gonorrhoeae and Chlamydia trachomatis in your body which are two of the most common sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
WHAT IS TESTED
- Chlamydia is a common sexually transmitted infection caused by the bacterium Chlamydia trachomatis. Although it can be easily treated with antibiotics, the prevalence of chlamydia is high due to its asymptomatic nature. Chlamydia is highly contagious and can be transmitted through sexual contact, including vaginal, anal, and oral sex. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), most people with chlamydia infections do not experience any symptoms, which can result in the infection going undetected and untreated. This can lead to serious health complications, such as pelvic inflammatory disease and infertility, if left untreated for an extended period of time. Therefore, routine screening for chlamydia is recommended, especially for sexually active individuals under the age of 25 or those who have multiple sexual partners.
- Gonorrhea is a sexually transmitted infection caused by the bacterium Neisseria gonorrhoeae. It is one of the most common sexually transmitted infections worldwide. The infection can be transmitted through unprotected sexual contact, including vaginal, anal, and oral sex. Symptoms of gonorrhea can include a burning sensation while urinating, abnormal discharge from the genitals, and pain or swelling in the testicles. However, many people with gonorrhea may have no symptoms, which can make the infection difficult to detect and result in delays in seeking treatment. If left untreated, gonorrhea can lead to serious complications such as pelvic inflammatory disease, infertility, and an increased risk of contracting HIV. Gonorrhea can be effectively treated with antibiotics, but it is becoming increasingly difficult to treat due to the emergence of drug-resistant strains of the bacteria. Safe sexual practices, including consistent condom use and limiting the number of sexual partners, can help reduce the risk of contracting and spreading gonorrhea and other sexually transmitted infections. Regular testing and early treatment are crucial for managing and preventing the spread of gonorrhea.
• All items needed to take the test at home
• Instructions on how to take the test
• Pre-paid shipping both ways
• Digital and printable results
How it works
1. Order your kit
Visit our shop and order your test kit(s) to be delivered promptly.
2. Register your kit
When your test kit arrives, follow the simple instructions to register your Kit ID and create a secure account.
3. We collect your sample
Everything you need is included, and collection takes only a few minutes. Use the shipping return mailer to send your sample to the lab.
4. Get your lab results
Digital results and insights will be available on our secure platform. Easily share your results with your doctor or family members.